Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Live, Laugh & Love

Hello everyone.  Hope your enjoying your weekend.  It's a long weekend for us in Canada- we are celebrating Victoria Day tomorrow - in honor of Queen Victoria's birthday. It's nice for me because I was on holidays all last week, so this just adds another day to my vacation :).

Today's card is using Penny Black's Flower Cascade.




I started by stamping the image to the top right corner using black memento, onto some white 100 lb cougar cardstock and then coloured using copics. I then cut the image using MFT stitched rectangle.

I sponged some SU certainly celery and SU soft sky around the edges.

I pulled out my MISTI to stamp the sentiment which is also from Penny Black - Happy wishes. I love using the Misti for sentiments, because most times (at least for me) it doesn't always stamp nice and crisp,  so this way you can restamp multiple times.

To finish off I added some sequins and clear wink of stella to the flowers.

I gave this card to my girlfriend at work a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for visiting today, enjoy your day!

Pauline



4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, what a beautiful stamp and it looks fun to color, which you did exceedingly well! Your sponging is absolutely perfect, too. Just the right touch. The sentiment fills it up nicely and then you have those pretty sequins in varying sizes and colors. It's probably no surprise I feel like stamping now, but it will have to wait. A beautiful day is happening out there. Enjoy your last day before going back to work!

Tracy said...

So lovely. The soft inking just makes the flowers glow. Fantastic coloring too Pauline. Hugs!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Have caught up with your blog at last. Had computer problems but I have told it I am boss!!! Ye right. Your cards have been gorgeous, as always. Hope you were spoilt on Mothering Sunday.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is GORGEOUS! I love this cascading floral from Penny Black and how you've nestled it up in the corner to allow room for this beautiful sentiment! And what stunning coloring and perfect sponging. Truly a stunning card, as always, sweet friend! It's nice that you had an extra day to add to your vacation. We can never have too many days off, right? Trying to catch up after working on reorganizing my stamp room. Hugs! xoxo