Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Wishing you a lovely day

Hello everyone!  It's a beautiful Spring day today, a bit on the chilly side, but hey I'm not complaining. It's around 50F, but the winds are cool, which made it nice for doing yard work today.
It's so nice to get the gardens cleaned up, to see all the new growth coming through. Still not done, but it was a good start today.

I haven't been doing too many cards lately, when it's nice out Bill and I are out scouting to see what new migrants have flown in the area.  A  couple more weeks and we should be in full birding season.
Can't wait!

I've had this image printed off quite a while ago, but just never got around to colouring it up. So last night that's what I did. Image is from Power Poppy  - digital Cuppa Buttercups.

It was  very quick card.  I usually stress over the papers etc, but everything fell into place on this one fairly quickly.



Copics were used to colour, and I used the pointillism technique for around the flowers.  

I used MFT stitched rectangle to cut it out.  Papers are from MME- Stella Rose - Mabel papers.
This is old but I still have a few sheets left in this 6x6 pack.

I used some new sequins called 28 Lilac Lane - spring butterflies.  Just love the assortment of spring colours, yellows, blue, clear, orange, clear butterflies as well as all the little sequin holes, which you can see I added them here and there. So pretty!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline


4 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Colours are perfect and my favs. The swallows arrived here yesterday - magical, just wish I could give them a treat for coming or do you know of something I can give them?

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

This is the prettiest, most cheerful cup of flowers! The happy polka dot paper is perfect with them. Polka dots never go out of style. All my papers are old and I'm not buying any new for a long time yet. Super cute sequin collection, too! I always love the little sprinkles, but can't imagine trying to do anything with them. You must have some very nimble fingers! BTW, I have this one printed up, too, waiting for me to color it. I'm glad you're enjoying spring and all the pretty birds. I'll be looking forward to Bill's photos when you have some to share. My garden is full of Golden-Crowned Sparrows right now. They'll be flying further north in the summer, but I'm enjoying them for the time being. They have the most interesting song repertoire. Sounds like a human whistling. Happy spring!

CherylQuilts said...

Paula, it's so wonderful that you and Bill enjoy the bird season, and I know it's that time for you to do gardening. I love this darling cup of flowers, and your coloring is beautiful with the pointillism. I still have some of the same DP, and it sure made a beautiful card with your finishing touches with sequins. Beautifully done, as always, sweet friend! (Still way behind...one day? Ha!) Hugs!

Tracy said...

So sweet. The composition is just perfect Pauline. Hugs!