Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy Crabapple

Good morning everyone!  It seems like forever since I posted.  I did not work on any cards over the Holidays, and then I had a hard time getting back at it this weekend.  Although I did manage to create a card.  I saw over on Power Poppy's blog the theme challenge for this week is "Winter Blooms". Well this is right up my alley, because I love flowers. So that kind of inspired me to get creating.

Today, I'm using Happy Crabapple from Power Poppy.  I am also going to enter this into the challenge this month.





This was a quick card, will probably make more of these.  I started with a 5.5 x 4.25 which card stock and sponged distress inks in the corners - spiced marmalade, fossilized amber, wild honey and a bit of picked raspberry.  I then used my Misti to stamp the images.  I'm glad I decided to use the Misti because the first impression stamp was a bit faint.  I then cut this out using the scallop edge die from MFT die-namics blueprints #27.

I then used the prismacolour pencils in the same tones as the ink to add colour to the image. I added some sparkle to the blossoms using clear wink of stella pen.

For the sentiment I used Simon Says stitched banners die and PTI simple little things for the sentiment.  Stamped in versamark then white embossed.  I added some foam tape behind the sentiment to pop it off the card.  I then added some sequins to finish this off.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a wonderful day.  Another snow storm heading our way overnight, with snow, turning to rain, turn back to snow, possibly freezing rain - quite a mess!

Pauline



7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty Pauline! I like the way you left the white drift essentially in the middle and who doesn't love sequins accents. This is very pretty with the crabapples. Thanks for playing in our Winter Blooms challenge this month.

NancyT said...

What a beautiful card. I love your colour combination of the distressed inks. Stamping the images in the corner was clever. Leaving a beautiful space for the sentiment. Pauline, I think your mojo is back!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the way you shaded and then added just a bit of color. It's how it would look in the early morning before the sun shines directly on the garden. Also, stamping in from each corner is very pretty with this image. Sequins always add a little magic to a card, but I forget to use them. Your placement is perfect. It's hard to get back to it after an extended break, I know. Getting started is the main thing. I've sure been taking my time. I've been missing your stamping, so I'm happy as can be to see your pretty card today.

Kerri said...

very nice!!! great job

Tracy said...

Beautiful mix of colors and I love the look you achieved over the inking. Lovely! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

Such a dreamy look Pauline! The sponged ink really has a beautiful effect with these blooms! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous! I love all of your cards, and this is so beautiful with the sponging that gives such warmth. And with the crabapple branches in the corners so beautifully colored and the wonderful sentiment across (that is so striking), it's a stunning card. And the sequins are perfectly placed along with the beautiful scalloped border. I love it!! Sending warm hugs! xoxo