Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Better together

Hello everyone.  I know I really should be sharing Christmas cards, but when you have lots of birthday's coming up and a few  birthday card orders you need to slip them in between making  Christmas cards when you can.

I received my new PTI order, so pulled out "better together' stamp set and created this.



For my card base I used PTI - noted scalloped A2 die vertical. Love how this cuts both front and back at the same time.  I just ran it back and forth a couple of times because of the thickness of the paper, but it cuts beautifully. I sponged some PTI aqua mist along the edges of the scallops.

White frame was cut using  the same scalloped A2 die but one of the inner dies of the set, love the detailed piercing on this.

For my image, I stamped the large flower from 'better together'  using versamark ink and then heat set it using white embossing powder. I tore a piece of heavy PTI polka dot vellum and laid this on the bottom half of the embossed image making sure it tucked inside the white frame area.  I also embossed one of the flowers from the same set and used a couple of copic colours to colour, then used the matching die to cut it out.

I added pop dots behind the frame and popped it up over the vellum and image. Next I tucked the single flower down in the left corner.  To finish off I added a silk ribbon bow, pink enamel dot on the single flower and some PTI rain drops.

I don't have a lot of Christmas cards to share right now, because some of my orders are requesting the same cards I made last year (which I have already posted).  I'm on my last card order, so hopefully in a few days I will be able to create something 'new' to share in the line of Christmas cards. Stay tuned!

I know everyone is busy at this time of year, so just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you taking the time to stop by for a visit. See you soon,

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What fantastic dies, pretty colors, and beautiful white-embossed stamped image! Love your sweet flower. Naturally I had to go look at everything you used. The die set is a great deal! It's refreshing to see something other than a Christmas card, especially when it's this pretty and artfully designed. You sound very busy with stamping. I'm struggling to get the most simple cards done.

Tracy said...

Wow that die set and the stamps are just gorgeous. Your design is so clever. Great mix of techniques and layering. Hugs!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Amazing, gorgeous card, love the colors and the design, a really beautiful change from the Holiday themed cards.
The die set is awesome, I'm afraid I'm going to have to get it, LOL!! I love how you framed this pretty flowers and the detail of the embossed velum.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline! I JUST got this die and the stamp set recently and am SO excited to see your card! It's GORGEOUS, and I love the soft colors! How beautifully done, and I really do love these dies. Stunning layout, sweet friend...thanks always for your inspiration! Hugs!