Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Spring Ducks and more

As I was going through our bird pictures from May to post, I realized I never posted these guys.
These were take at High Park in Toronto back in April.

One of Bill's favourite  - Wood duck.  These guys are not shy at all, I think they are so use to having people around in the park, they jumped up beside me as I was sitting on the ledge overlooking the ponds.



Finally after a several years of trying to get the Hooded Mergansers, there were  3 pairs at High Park.  This was the highlight of the day!


Next, is a pair of breeding Cooper Hawks. Look at those talons!



A pair of owlets - Great Horned 
Isn't this one just adorable?
There are so many more to share, but I'm trying to do them in groups of when we took the pictures.
I hope you enjoyed these. Back with more shortly.

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I'm so happy to see these! The color on those male wood ducks is amazing. They don't even look real. There are nesting boxes all over for wood ducks here, but I hardly ever see the males. Spectacular! All these shots are spectacular. We saw a bald eagle flying low when we were on the river the other day. Always a magnificent sight to see. The owlets and those baby ducks are so cute! I've put out finch feeders and a seed block, but they've only attracted two different kinds of chickadees. Talk about cute, though. I get more every day. The sparrows which are always here like the seed that spills out into the tray of the finch feeder. There's a bird bath right by it, too, so it's a busy place! Thanks for sharing these, Pauline. I was looking forward to them.

Tracy said...

All the babies!! Oh these are wonderful. Thanks for sharing Pauline.