Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, January 29, 2016

Everything's rosy.....


Hello everyone.  TGIF! All I can say is that this week has flown by so fast, but glad we have the weekend ahead of us.  Warmer temperatures this weekend - above freezing which is nice.  Although we really can't complain at the winter we have had so far, at least where I live, it's been very little snow, and with the rain this past week it has all melted away! No complaints here :).

So I'm back to share a card with you using the newest digi from Power Poppy - everything's rosy.
Marcella just 'wows' me every time with her floral digital images (and stamps as well). 

 After re-sizing it, I flip the image over just for something a little different.  That is the advantage of digital images, you can do so much with them where as a stamp - what you see is what you get!



I actually printed 2 this size, and started to colour one of them with copics.  Although I love my copics I find it difficult to get the shading to my liking, so tossed that one aside, and pulled out my prismacolour pencils and coloured up the 2nd image.

I cut the image out using spellbinders oval die, then used my silver krylon marker and went around the edges.  This was then layered onto spellbinders oval regalia. 

Designer paper is Prima - Tea Tyme.  Now you know we must have sparkly flowers, so I added some hero arts - prisma glitter to the flowers as well as some tiny pearls.  I also added some pearls around the edge of the regalia oval.  I used some silk ribbon to make my bow to finish this off.  

supplies:
Stamp - Power Poppy - digital everything's rosy
ink - laser printer, prismacolour pencils & gamsol
paper - Prima - Tea tyme, Bazzill - blossom, cougar white 100 lb
die - spellbinders oval & oval regalia
misc - silk ribbon, pearls, hero arts prisma glitter, quickie glue pen, silver krylon marker

Have yourself a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today.

Pauline

11 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous!!! Oh wow your soft delicate coloring is fabulous. I like the doily like frame. Gorgeous.

Carla Murphy said...

Wow Pauline... colouring is perfection. Love the doily die... on my wish list.

Leslie Miller said...

This is amazing! I wish I could make my pencil coloring look this good. Your blending is so smooth. I recently had a disaster coloring with them on watercolor paper. With DT work you don't always have time to start over, so like it or not it's on the blog Monday. I won't do that again! Even still, I never get this smooth a look, no matter the paper. Anyway... it's a good thing I'm talking with my fingers rather than my mouth because my jaw is on the floor. I was waiting for this one with bated breath. My, oh, my! Gorgeous!

NancyT said...

Oh Pauline. What a gorgeous card. Your colouring is superb and your shading perfect. What a great idea to flip the image. You can never go wrong with a Power Poppy digi. As always, love your finishing touches -the silver krylon pen around the border, the beautiful Lacey die and lovely bow. I am sure that whomever receives this card will treasure it forever.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Really pretty card. Have never tried digi work but looking at how lovely your card is, I really should give it a try.

Much love,

Shirley T.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, I so agree with Leslie about your pencil coloring! It's exquisite and so smooth! And I love your colors and the beautiful card design with the lovely finishing touches of the pearls, shimmer, and -- lastly -- the luscious bow! Wow! Hugs, sweet friend! You've really made this digi shine!

CherylQuilts said...

P. S. And I need THAT die! Hehe!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness this is simply delish! Your pencil work is top-notch Pauline. The bow and that intricate die look incredible. This is a stunner for sure!

Leslie said...

So beautiful and dainty, so soft and feminine! That die is gorgeous as is your beautiful silk bow!

Katie Sims said...

My WORD, Pauline!!! Your image is colored beautifully! Can I come over so you can show me how to blend pencils like this?!! I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch you color, girl....this is truly spectacular. I love that you flipped the image too. Hope you are doing well, sweet friend! :)

Katie Sims said...

My WORD, Pauline!!! Your image is colored beautifully! Can I come over so you can show me how to blend pencils like this?!! I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch you color, girl....this is truly spectacular. I love that you flipped the image too. Hope you are doing well, sweet friend! :)