Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

winter bough

Hi everyone.  I think I can come up for air now.  I have all my SCS cards posted for the month, and now I can focus on Christmas cards for me and for my orders, along with several birthday cards that have been requested.  This is also my last month being on the DD Team over at Splitcoaststampers. I can't believe how fast 6 months have gone. It has been a great journey, it has really made me think outside the box at times for each month theme.

Okay, so onto my card.  I'm using today a Power Poppy image from the set Bough Wow Wow! I am entering this card into their monthly challenge for November - Embellish this.



I stamped it onto some white cougar 100 lb c/s then coloured using copics.  I then cut the image out using spellbinders labels twenty-eight. This was then layered onto some Scenic Route & NRN designer paper.

For finishing touches I stamped off another heart (this comes separately in the set - love that!)  and coloured, then used some foam tape to pop it up, added some sequins and glitter, and there you have it!

supplies:
stamp- Power Poppy - Bough Wow Wow
ink - black memento, copics - YG00, YG03, YG05 YG67, G82, BG0000, BG10, BG11, BV0000, BV01, BV02, B60, B63, B66
dies - spellbinders labels twenty-eight
paper - cougar white, bazzill purple, scenic route - winter words, NRN - winter magic
misc - sequins, glitter, foam tape, stitching

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful day.  I'm off to the dentist, then home for a day of stamping! Yay!! (it's raining so it's a perfect day to stamp don't you think?)

Pauline

11 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

I feel sorry for the others that enter the competition - they stand NO chance - its a really lovely card, love the colours - perfect.
Hope all went well at the dentist, I go next Monday for a check up - fingers crossed all is well.
Its rained here in the UK for two days but its not cold - yet!!!

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Me again - your new picture at the top of the page is soooooo peaceful - just gorgeous.

Shirley T. xxx

NancyT said...

Oh Pauline, you sure know how to use those copics! I love your colour combinations and the papers you used. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is a stunning card. The colors are really beautiful. I have yet to get my set inky, but now I am truly inspired!

ChristineCreations said...

Pauline this is a beauty! Such great colouring and such great colours together! I really need to pull this set out again. Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Power Poppy!

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous work, Pauline! The color combo is so beautiful and I love your layout! ~ Tricia

Kathy Jones said...

Loooove your colour palette and it works perfectly with this wintery image! Beautifully done!! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Dang, Pauline, this is gorgeous! Now, of course, you've got me wanting to pull this set out again. It's one of my faves from last year. You chose the perfect die shape for it and then you did that amazing coloring that I always love to see when I visit you. Love those chilly blues, and the extra heart you cut out looks so puffy and dimensional. Sheesh, when am I going to do all the stamping you inspire me to do? That 6 months did seem to go by in a flash. It might seem like you have a little extra time now.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline! Yes, the time sure does fly, but I know you've had a wonderful time on the DD team and really shined! And wow, I love this card! Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love the color palette with this gorgeous DP! And the extra heart popped is beautiful. It's a gorgeous card, my friend! Hugs!

Tracy said...

Beautiful! I love the frosty colors you chose. Sounds like you've got a full crafting plate. Have fun! Hugs!

Traci M said...

This is beautiful! A stand out in the Power Poppy challenge gallery! Congratulations on the Dirty Dozen design team!