Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Cheers to you!


Good morning everyone! It's going to be a beautiful day here in SW Ontario.  A great way to end my 3 days of vacation, back to work tomorrow :(.  But as I had hoped I did accomplish what I had set out to do for my 3 days off.  I completed one card order (13 cards), and I have 2 more birthday cards to make for my other friend who ordered a total of 20 cards.  I hope to get those 2 cards done today.  Then I just need to work on cards for me to send and for my sale basket at work.

My card today features an Art Impression image.  I just love these images, I mean who doesn't right?  For the last couple of years I have always bought at least one of their holiday images, and they always seem to be a big hit!



After stamping the image I coloured using copics.  I used an MFT stitched rectangle to cut her out.
I needed it a bit narrower, so I placed the image back into the die but in about 1/2" and then ran it through my big shot. I have done this many times, its a great way to stretch your dies, without having to buy more.

After this was put together, I added some white flock to her coat trim and glitter to the wine and holly.
The sentiment was stamped using black versafine, cut out using sb circle die, trimmed it with  gold krylon pen, then adhered it to a small scallop circle.  I added a couple of enamel dots and Voila! I made 4 of these, but they are already gone, so need to make a couple of more.

Supplies:
stamp - Art Impressions - cheers to you #4664
Ink - black memento, black versa fine, copics - E000, E00, E01, E11, E23, E26, E27,R12, R20, R24, R27, R29, R39, R56, YR20, YR21, YR23, YR24, YR27, YG61, YG63, YG67, C0, C1, C7, Black, W3, prismacolour french grey 90% for ground shading
Die - spellbinder - circle and small scallop circle, MFT - die-namics #12,
paper - white cougar 100 lb, scrap dp, SU cherry cobbler
misc - white flock, quickie glue pen, enamel dots, distress glitter - clear rock candy, gold krylon pen

Thanks for the visit today.

I would also like to wish all my fellow American followers a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for! In saying that I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support in visiting my blog.  You inspire me to keep on creating!

Hugs
Pauline


6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I simply cannot believe you manage to make so many cards for sale, and I'll bet they're all amazing! This one certainly is. I LOVE it! Yes, AI stamps are so much fun and I love them all. I don't have very many, though. Your coloring on this is just fantastic! Isn't she a cutie all dressed up for the holidays! I like your tip about the die cutting and will keep that in mind. Really love that single strip of festive designer paper down the side. Makes this a simple layout, easy to mail, and SO CUTE!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Just love this card - don't know what is in her glass but I would really love some.
Everything about this card is stunning, Thank you for sharing.

Much love,

xxx

memorial garden benches said...

What a lovely image. I love the card. Stamps are fun. Thanks for sharing!

NancyT said...

Pauline, you are one busy lady. When you set your mind to doing something it gets done. I love your card. She is festive and is wearing her Christmas attire. She is toasting to you on making her look great. Your colouring is flawless. You always find the right accent papers to finish off your card. Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us. I hope you get some down time.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, she is just adorable and so funny in all her splendor, Pauline! Hehe! I just love AI stamps, and these gals make me chuckle so with this flair! You can almost hear her speaking in her "fa-ta" voice! I love your rich coloring and how you've added glitter (just like bubbles in her champagne...), and what a beautiful layout! I agree with Leslie that I don't know how you make so many cards. But they are beautiful! Hope you enjoy the rest of your long weekend! Hugs, sweet friend!

Tracy said...

Fantastic coloring my friend. You picked the perfect deep rich red for her coat. Glad your card making is coming along so quickly. I'd love to know what you sell your basket cards for for reference. I never know what to ask. Awesome work! Hugs!
P.S. The Niagara picture is stunning!!!