Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hey Chicky

Hi everyone, hope your week is going well.  Can you believe that we are into the middle of July already?  Summer is half over already, and we have not really had much in the line of hot summer temps.  This weekend we are in for a hot and sweltering weekend up into the low to mid 30's C,  but other than that I would say it's been a much cooler summer, lots of rain and cooler temps.  I don't mind the cooler days, but just a little heat would be good, none of the hot and humid days.

The card I'm sharing with you, I made for a co-worker's birthday today.  She is a young gal mid 20's, who a few months ago decided to raise some chickens (layers).  She just loves her little chickens and always has some funny stories about them.  

I remembered I had a chicken stamp somewhere in my collection, but do you think I could find it?  I also have and folder of images that I have stamped off previously, so went looking through that and found a couple of this cute chicken just ready and waiting to be coloured up! Isn't she just  the cutest chick around?


I coloured the image using prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol.   Used a spellbinder die to cut it out and layer it onto some new papers from Penny Black.  Kept the card simple with just a bit of glitter and some seam binding ribbon.

Supplies:
stamp: unknown - (It might be Inky antics)
ink: black memento, prismacolour pencils - lime peel, grass green, kelly green, green ochre, light aqua, peacock, jade green, parrot green, process red, black cherry, magenta, lavender, sand, goldenrod, yellow ochre, mineral orange, pumpkin orange, carmine red, blue slate, cloud blue, orange, light umber
die: spellbinders - floral ovals
paper - Penny black - painted blooms, white
misc - seam binding ribbon, glitter, bow maker

BTW -Melissa loved her card!

Thanks for the visit, enjoy your day.

Pauline



4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That chicken is adorable! I have no idea who makes it, but I LOVE it! You have a real knack for making these humorous images look so pretty. Of course, she IS looking pretty fine with her purse and hat and heels. Oh, gosh, what fun! Thanks for making my day, Pauline. I always look forward to your cards!

Shirley T. said...

HI Pauline,

Just love that cute chick. My chickens would be soooo jealous.

Have a lovely weekend.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Yes, Pauline, your chickie is a cutie!! And I love how you've colored her...great pencil technique! And I also love your card layout with the great DP, die, and that sweet ribbon. Hey, I'm not alone...you too have a pile of stamped images...haha! I may not live long enough to finish them. Is there a support group for us? Sweet card, my friend! And, yes, the summer is flying by! Hugs!

Tracy said...

As a chicken connoisseur she has my stamp of approval. hee hee Lover your coloring and the sweet design. Hugs!