Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, May 11, 2015

Gentle Whisper

Hi everyone.  Happy Monday, and it was a happy day for me, and for my husband Bill.  You know how much we love to follow the bird migration, well today we had the day  off and headed out to Rondeau Provincial Park to hopefully see the "Prothonotory Warbler". After about an hour of waiting in the area he has been spotted he arrived, and he is beautiful.  This is one bird that is on our 'lifer' list.  I will share pictures once we get through the next couple of weeks of bird migration. 

I still have a couple more Mother's Day cards to share.  This one is using one of Penny Black's stamp called Gentle Whisper.


I started by inking by stamp using memento inks, then stamped it onto some MFT Naturals card stock.  I then applied the inks onto an acrylic block, used a wet paint brush, and add some more colour to the flowers.  I then used a  rectangle die to cut out the image.  I didn't like the way it looked, so I used on of the dies for spellbinders A2 curved borders one.  I then edged the edges using my gold kyron pen.

The image was layered onto a piece of designer paper from Prima - Firefly, then on to a piece of cream. I tied a piece of sparkly light pink chiffon ribbon around the image then adhered this to my card base.

I added some Art Institute glitter to the flowers and sequins to finish off.

Supplies:
Stamp - Penny Black - gentle whisper
ink - Memento - rose bud, bamboo leaves, olive grove, elderberry, dandelion
dies - spellbinders - rectrange, A2 curved border one
paper - MFT naturals, cream, Prima - firefly
misc - ribbon, gold krylon pen, sequins, art institute glitter - amethyst, spring mint

Thanks for stopping by. Till next time...

Pauline 

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oooo can't wait to see the birdie pictures. :-) Your card is so lovely. That curvy design is so appealing to the eyes. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, is this ever pretty! Lovely, clean design. Very classy and elegant and graceful, beautiful colors, gorgeous stamp, and just -- wow! I'll look forward to the Prothonotory Warbler photos. I love your passion for birds and nature in general. I don't know a lot about birds, but I enjoy them and appreciate their beauty as I do all creatures and things of nature.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Missed you, but you have a brilliant excuse for not being here!!!! Got sooo excited when the swallows came a few weeks ago so I appreciate how you feel. Oh and by the way, the card is stunning. Thank you.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Kerri said...

Beautiful card love it!!!!