Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter Pick-me-up

Hello everyone.  Hope your week is going well.  I'm still enjoying my time off, I go back to work on Friday.  I did some major purging of stamping supplies the other day.  It just felt so good to get the Christmas stamps put away, and then I went through my stamps, papers, punches etc that I have not used in a few years and gave them to a couple of my friends who love to stamp as well. Some new goodies for them to play with! With purging, I came across so many images that I completely forgot about, so made a mental note that I need to pull them out and use them again.

With my room so tidy and my desk cleaned off, (love working on a clean desk) I decided to finish off an image I started to colour before the Holidays.  I'm using one of the newest PowerPoppy digital images called - Winter Pick-me-up.  I love this design, Marcella sure knows how to create realistic and loveliness all in one.  This is what I came up with. I'm also entering this card into the Peep of the Week challenge.



After printing the image onto some Bekkett Expression 80lb weight, I then coloured the image with Copics.  Once done, I cut out the image using spellbinders A2 tranquil moments die.  Left the die in place and then sponged some SU Certain Celery around the image.  I then layered this onto a piece of light green c/s, and then onto my base.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to add a sentiment or not.  Sometimes it nice not to have anything on the front of the card, that way you can use it for many occasions.  This time I chose to use a sentiment from the Geraniums Take Two set.  For my ribbon, I used some white silk ribbon and coloured it with my copic marker #B66 (this was one of the  colours that I used to colour the flowers) so it would match the flowers.  Once everything was done I added some pearls to the four corners on the inside frame and used my wink of stella brush to add some glitter to the flowers.  

Supplies:
stamp - powerpoppy - digital image - winter pick-me-up
dies - spellbinders - A2 tranquil moments
ink - printer, copics - B60, B63, B66,B69, E41, E43,  YG00, YG03, YG11, W0, W02, Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, SU Certain celery, black versafine
paper - white beckett expression 80lb, light green, cougar 110lb for card base
misc - silk ribbon, pearls, wink of stella pen (clear)

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  See you again real soon...  take care

Pauline

6 comments:

Katie Sims said...

Oh my goodness, Pauline.....this is sooo pretty and fresh feeling! Your coloring is always a show stopper and you made Marcella's beautiful bouquet shine. love the soft green background and I'll bet the shimmer from the Wink of Stella pen finished this off so sweetly. Hope you had a wonderful holiday and an amazing, craft filled New Year! :)

Tracy said...

Just gorgeous! Your images are always beautifully done, but then you add the wow factor with the way you spotlight them. That die cut is amazing. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love cleaning and purging and reorganizing! I haven't done any purging for quite a while, though. I keep trying to use up expendable supplies, but that's probably just a pipe dream. This is certainly beautiful, Pauline! And it's so great that it's a digi and you can have it in your possession so quickly, if not to color right away, at least to admire. Sometimes it's fun just to look at my digi collection. I have SO MANY I haven't colored yet. All those freebies especially add up. I love the soft green you used with the beautiful die cut. And, of course, your coloring is always gorgeous and inspiring. I see this and I immediately want to go color something. I'm having a bit of a blog break, but I've been stamping a little. On vacation but my days are still so full. I can only hope that when I retire I'll eventually find myself with a little time on my hands. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and have a happy new year!

Julie Koerber said...

This is absolutely drop dead gorgeous Pauline! That soft sage is a to-die-for backdrop to that amazing coloring you've done here! Love it!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the soft green and the beautifully colored flowers! Stunning card, and congratulations on being this week's Peep of the Week (again!)! I so love your work and can't wait to start 2015 with digging into my PP stamps! I too want to reorganize (and love to work with a clean table), but it will be a slow process. Thanks for sharing another beautiful card! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Pauline! Oh my... that die is awesome for a frame of these blooms. Fantastic card!!! Thanks for playing in our Peep Of The Week!