Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, December 6, 2014

have you been good?

Hello everyone.  Can you believe that it is only 3 weeks away until Christmas?  This whole year has just flown right by.  Although I have all my Christmas card orders completed, I still need to make cards for me to send out.  So going through my container of stamped off images, I came across this digi image from last year  - I think it is from ' Birdie Brown" off of Etsy, she now is designing for MFT,

I just think this image is so adorable:



I coloured the image using copics.  After cutting out the image I sponged some soft sky ink while the die was in place, then layered this onto a piece of cherry cobbler card stock cut using the scallop circle die. I added a couple of white dots on their cheeks using my white Marvy pen.

Background paper is from a piece in my scrap basket, and the fish tale tag is the reverse side of the snowflake paper.  Both pieces where cut using MFT's die-namics blueprints #13.

To finish off I added some red and green twine, some gold glitter snowflakes cut from POW paper using a Memory Box die - Christmas baubles, Tim Holtz - distress glitter - clear rock candy, and some white flock for his beard and hat.

I will leave you with this.  As I was looking at some older pictures I still have on my camera, I came across this one, which I absolutely love.  This was taken on the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago around 6:20 am on Sept 26/14 as the sun was rising.  This depicts Bill to a tee - his passion - photography.  There is just something about this picture that puts a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes every time I see it.  So thought I would share with you.



Thanks for you visit today.

Pauline

8 comments:

Tracy said...

I miss the Birdie Brown images, but am so glad that MFT picked her up. She's such a great artist. Your card is so cute. I love the sentiment. hee hee The picture you shared is fabulous. He has such a great talent for photography and you are lucky to be able to share in it. Hugs!

Kerri said...

great card..that image is so cute!!! nice job!!

Leslie Miller said...

It is absolutely adorable and I love how you've backed it up with those fabulous papers. Love the red and green string to tie it up. And the glitter and puff is marvelous! Beautiful photograph, too. It's nice to see the man, himself, in his element.

Angela said...

You are not kidding, that image is completely adorable and beautifully and expertly colored too!

Linda said...

very nice card!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Love your card, thank you. Think the photograph is the ideal image of tranquillity and peace. Stunning. Have a lovely weekend.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Dana White said...

What a sweet card Pauline. Love that little guy

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee I like how she is debating... have I or have I not? :-) Very cute.
That is a very serene picture. The colors in the background are gorgeous. He does look content right where he is. I would say frame this one for your desk....