Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Countryside Bouquet

Well it's a gloomy rainy day here in SW Ontario - a good day to work on cards don't you think? Why is it that it is always nice during the week when we are at work and then on the weekends it rains? just not fair is it? So before I start working on any new cards, I thought I would share another Powerpoppy image with you today.  I am in love with Marcella's images, she is one talented gal! I have a very soft spot for anything nature related, so I scoop them up as soon as they are released.

Today's card showcases a beautiful flower arrangement called Countryside Bouquet.  Again this is a digi image - which I love - instant gratification - I mean who can really wait for a stamp to be mailed to them?? Not I!
I am also entering this card into the Powerpoppy Peep of the week.

Okay so enough jibber, jabbering, this is what I came up with:



After resizing and printing the image I cut it out using spellbinders circles.  I then coloured the image using copics, put the die back in place then sponged some ink around the image - I don't remember the colour I used to sponge. Layered this onto a piece of charcoal grey scallop circle. I wanted something behind the image so I just happened to have a die cut laying on my table from a previous card- that I never used- layered this behind and loved the look, so went with it.  I also sponged some soft yellow on the edges of this die cut.  I then cut my dp and then layered it onto a piece of charcoal grey.  My card base is a nice deep golden yellow c/s with some paper from the same 6x6 pack Authentique.

I finished off with some satin PTI ribbon, button, pearls, and some glitter on the flower centes.

Supplies:
Stamp: Powerpoppy - digi countryside bouquet
Ink: copics - Y00, Y11, YR21, YR24, YR27, BV0000, BV01, BV02, BV04, C01, C02, YG01, G29, G46
dies: Spellbinders - circles, circle scallop,  magestic labels 25
paper: Authentique - blissful, charcoal grey, golden bazzill yellow, white
Misc; pearls, PTI satin ribbon, button, glitter

Thanks for the visit, till next time.  Whatever you are doing have a wonderful day!

Pauline

7 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Lovely card! I just bought some alcohol markers and I was wondering what kind of paper do use with your Copics?

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your coloring is fabulous Pauline!! LOVE your framing of the image paired with the rich yellow and gray dp too! Gorgeous!! And I have to agree with you. Marcy designs the most beautiful images!! So glad you joined us over at Power Poppy this week!!

Julie Koerber said...

Pauline -- this card is an absolute show stopper -- wow. Striking doesn't even begin to cover it -- love your coloring, your layout, your design -- pretty much EVERYTHING!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This is coloring perfection. Not overblown. Not too bright or too dull. Just perfect. It's something I never seem able to achieve. The colors and paper are so great together and, again, I probably never would have come up with this. Love how it turned out with the die behind the circle, too. This is just WOW all over!

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely amazing Pauline! Your bouquet is so wonderfully coloured. Gorgeous creation. Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this week!

Tracy said...

Okay you enabler! I am trying to cut down on my stash and you have just added yet another version of this amazing stamp to convince me to buy it. At least it won't take up any room. LOL This image is so beautifully balanced and your layout really makes it shine. Gorgeous Pauline! Hugs!

Katie Sims said...

I am in love with Marcella's images too AND also with this gorgeous card! Pauline....you really outdid yourself with this beauty....the papers, the color palette, and your incredible copic coloring really make this card sing. I am going to go out on a limb here and say I think this may be my favorite card I've seen you do, and I have seen you do plenty of gorgeous cards! I am so glad you could play along this week with the Power Poppy challenge! :)