Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wonderful marvelous you!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner this week, I thought I would of had time, but life is just too busy sometimes.  I've been working overtime, and today I was up in London visiting my Dad for Father's day as well as celebrating his birthday which is next week.  We gathered at my sisters, had a bbq, lots of eats and laughs.  It's always good getting together with family, it just seems we don't do it enough.  Everyone has such busy lives.

Okay on with my card.  If your like me 'masucline' cards are the hardest to do.  After making the last card I posted for my Dad, I was struggling to come up with another.  I woke up on Wednesday morning, with an idea so I put it into action before heading off to work.  It worked up very fast, I used MFT's dies to help it along.  



I started with a 4x4 confetti cream c/s.  I then inked up my Penny Black hot rod using Distress Paints.  I applied bundled sage over the entire image, then went in with peeled paint here and there, and then finished off with some forest moss - spritzed with a bit of water then stamped.  I love the effect this gives.  I then took a leave from PTI - turning a new leaf - and inked it with MFT grout gray and stamped it in the top corners and the bottom right.  I then inked it again using peeled paint, stamped off a bit then over stamped in the top corners. I then sponged around the edges using distress pumice stone then a bit of brushed corduroy. Next I used the sentiment from Verve - wonderful marvelous- and stamp it using PTI chocolate brown. 

Next I cut a flag tag using one of the dies from MFT blueprints #12, added a brad and the wrapped some twine around it and then adhered to the front of the card.  For the middle layer again I used one of the dies from MFT blueprints # 14.  I really love these blueprint die sets.

Finished card measures 5.25 x 5.25.  I know I will be making more of these in different colours.

Supplies:
stamp - Penny Black - hot rod,  Verve - wonderful marvelous, PTI - turning a new leaf
Ink - distress paints - bundled sage, peeled paint, forest moss, distress inks - pumice stone, brushed corduroy, PTI - chocolate brown
Dies - MFT blueprints # 12, & 14
Paper - confetti cream, bazzill greens - not sure of the colour names
Misc - brad, twine

This card will be going to my husband - Bill's birthday is tomorrow (June 15th).

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow as you spoil your favourite guy on Father's Day!

See you again real soon, I have another 'guy' card to share. I'm on a roll! LOL

Pauline 

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What?????!!!!! That is so gorgeous, I'm completely freaking out here! Wow! That car...the leaves...the atmosphere you created...I'm stunned. Weak in the knees. This is stamping! Bravo, Pauline!!!

Katie Sims said...

Pauline, your stamping looks incredible here! I always love to see creative no-coloring stamping ideas and this one is fabulous. You achieved so much dimension and a masculine card to boot....those are difficult for me as well. Pinning this little gem! :)

Tracy said...

This kind of stamping scares me. LOL I'm a bit OCD and I'm afraid mine would just be one big squish of ink. You used a great combo of inks and stamping. It's totally manly. You have no masculine card problems my friend. Hugs!