Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, June 9, 2014

How wonderful life is....

Just thought I would post this before heading off to bed.  Last week was a busy week, and so was the weekend.  We had our year end choir party Sunday afternoon - lots of fun as always.  It's so nice getting together and spending time with friends.  

I've been working on getting Father's Day cards done for my sale basket at my hairdressers.  I go tomorrow night, so wanted to make sure I had a selection to take.  This is one of the ones that I'm taking.

It was a pretty simple card once I decided what I was going to do.  I have been buying MFT's  die-namics blueprints die sets - boy do they ever take the guess work out of card making.  The larger dies basically make up your card base with layers.  For this card I used blueprints # 14, and here is my card.


I stamped the verse from Verve onto a  piece of Basic Grey Pyrus.  This series of paper is from a few years back.  I have so much of Basic Grey it isn't funny.  I could probably open a little stamping shop with all the supplies and papers  I have.  I'm good at hoarding it, but I'm slowly diving into it to use it up. The top 3 layers are from the blueprints #14 die set, the row of flags is a die from Verve.  The card base is confetti olive toned c/s.  So there you have it, like I said it was an easy card once I got going at it.  I made a couple of these.

Supplies:

Stamp: Verve - Wonderful Marvelous

Dies: MFT - die-namics blueprints#14, Verve - pennant trim
Ink: PTI - Dark chocolate
misc - ribbon, gold beads (they are like pearls but shiny gold)

I will have a couple more Father's Day cards to share over the next week or so.  I have lots of birthdays in my family during the month of June - 4 guy birthdays, 2 fathers day.

Thanks for the visit, enjoy your day!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love that Elton John song! You've done a beautiful job on this masculine card, and we all know how difficult they can be. Funny thing, because I love these earthy colors. I'm going to look forward to seeing more of those guy cards. I need all the help I can get! You and me, both, on the issue of hoarding designer paper. I don't hoard it on purpose... well, maybe some of it. If only I stamped more I might be able to use it up. At least I know I'm not alone.

Tracy said...

Perfectly manly. :-) I've been eyeing some of those blueprint sets myself. I still keep thinking about those photos your hubby took. They were so striking. Hope all is well with you. Hugs!